Effective: August 10, 2022
Last Updated: August 10, 2022
We encourage you to read this entire policy.
We DO NOT sell any of your information.
The information we collect
We collect certain information when you use OneGen. This includes information you provide to us, information we collect automatically, and information we receive from other sources.
Information you provide to us
- Account information. When you create a OneGen account, at the very least, we collect your username and email address. If available, we also collect your name and avatar URL.
- Content you create. This includes any content that you upload to the service. For example, you create a project and add some models. We store and back-up all user projects.
- Purchase information. If you buy any paid services through OneGen, you may need to submit a valid payment method and associated billing information, including your full name and billing address. Our payment processors, like Paddle and PayPal, receive and process your payment information. Depending on the processor, we may also receive and store certain billing information, including the last four digits of the credit card number associated with the transaction. If we decide to process our own payments in the future, we would receive and process this information ourselves.
- Information from actions you take. We collect information about your use of and activities on the services. This includes the engines you manage, users you invite to a project, and other related actions.
- Other information you provide directly to us. You may have the option to submit additional information as you use OneGen. For example, you may choose to submit beta feedback or participate in a survey.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect information automatically from you when you use OneGen. This includes:
- Information about your computer. We collect information about the computer you are using to access the services. This includes information like your IP address, operating system information and browser information.
- Information about your use of the apps or websites. We collect log and event information related to how and when you use our services (such as the pages you visit).
- Other information that we collect automatically. When you take certain actions on other sites, we may receive information about you. For example, when we advertise for OneGen on third party platforms, if you click on the ad, we may receive information about which ad you saw and on which platform. Similarly, we may also receive certain information when you click on a referral link, such as which website you came from.
We may receive information from cookies (small text files placed on your computer) and similar technologies. First-party cookies are placed by us (and our third-party service providers) and allow you to use the services and to help us analyze and improve your experience and the services.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, if you interact with our social media account on another platform, we may receive certain information about you like your username on that platform.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
To fulfill our contract with you
- To provide you with the services. We use your information to provide you with the OneGen services. For example, when you start a project, we store it on our servers to save your progress. We also use the information you provide to us to create and manage your account and to facilitate purchases.
- To contact you. We may use your information to contact you about important product or policy changes, to send you information about products you have purchased, or just to let you know about new products or features we think you’ll like. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications.
- To provide customer service. We use your information to respond to your questions about our products and services, and to investigate bugs or other issues.
For our legitimate business interests
- To report on our company’s performance. We use your information to track the fundamental metrics of our business, to perform financial reporting, to respond to regulatory obligations, and to debug billing issues.
- To improve our services. We use your information to help us understand how users interact with our services, what features or products users may want, or to otherwise understand and improve our services. This includes information about how you use our services.
- To advertise our services on other platforms. We are proud of the product we've built and spend money advertising it on other platforms in order to bring more users to OneGen. As part of that, we use certain information to assist in the delivery of our advertising, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements for our own products, and to improve such advertisements in the future.
To comply with our legal obligations
We retain and use your information in connection with potential legal claims when necessary and for compliance, regulatory, and auditing purposes. For example, we retain information where we are required by law or if we are compelled to do so by a court order or regulatory body. Also, when you exercise any of your applicable legal rights to access, amend, or delete your personal information, we may request identification and verification documents from you for the purpose of confirming your identity.
With your consent
We may also collect and use personal information with your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time (mostly through our services directly), though note that you might not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal information.
To protect someone’s vital interests
We may collect or share personal data if we think someone’s life is in danger—for example, to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
How we share your information
- When you tell us to. When you add your content to the services, you are telling us to share that content with certain communities, people. Who can access that information is determined by who can access a particular community. Project owners or admins set those permissions. And these permissions, like the size of the project, may change over time. We may also share your information as you otherwise instruct us or provide us your consent to do so.
- With our vendors. We may share information with vendors we hire to carry out specific work for us. This includes payment processors like Paddle and PayPal that process transactions on our behalf and cloud providers like Amazon AWS that host some of our data. We may also share limited information with advertising platforms to help us reach people that we think will like our product and to measure the performance of our ads shown on those platforms. We do this to help bring more users to OneGen, and provide only the information required to facilitate these services. This may include information like the fact that you installed our app or registered to use OneGen.
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is required by law, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. Where allowed and feasible, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency. We may share information if we believe in good faith that it's necessary to prevent serious harm to a person.
- With our related companies. We may share information with our related companies, including parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Sale, Acquisition, or Transfer of Assets. We may share information if OneGen is evaluating and/or engaging in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale, transfer, or change in ownership of OneGen or any of its assets.
- Aggregated or de-identified information. We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share aggregated user statistics in order to describe our business to partners or the public.
We retain personal information for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which we collected it. If your account is inactive for more than two years, we may delete it, and we may delete or anonymize any personal information associated with your account. If you submit an ID for an age verification appeal, we will delete it within sixty days after the age appeal ticket is closed.
How we protect your information
We take a number of steps to help protect your information. All information sent within our services is encrypted in transit. For example, we use Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to encrypt text and images in transit. We also enforce technical and administrative access controls to limit which of our employees and contractors have access to nonpublic personal information.
Data Protection Officer
You can contact OneGen’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for EEA, United Kingdom, and Brazil Users
Certain local laws, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Brazil’s Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD), require services to provide information about the information they collect, how they use it, and the lawful basis for processing it. We’ve described most of that already in the earlier portions of this Policy.
Exercising your rights
You can reach out to us at email@example.com
Information for California Users
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) and the “Shine the Light” Law. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Our collection and use of personal information
We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as your username and email address you used to sign up); commercial information (a record of what you’ve bought from OneGen, if anything); financial data (payment information and your history of purchases from OneGen); internet or other network information (how you interact with the application); location information (because your IP address may indicate your general location); inference data about you (for example, what content you may be interested in); and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you. For more information about what we collect and the sources of such collection, please see the “The information we collect” section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “How we use your information” above.
Disclosure of personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “How we share your information” section above. We disclose the categories of personal information mentioned above for business or commercial purposes.
No sale of personal information
The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that sell personal information. We do not sell the personal information of our users. We do share information as outlined in the “How we share your information” section above and you can make choices with respect to your information as outlined in this policy.
Exercising your consumer rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) the deletion of your personal information, and (3) to opt out of sales of your personal information, if applicable. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.